- To promote the well-being of ferrets through articles written and published by the NFWS, veterinarians and ferret specialists world wide
- Offer/provide advice on a variety of ferret subjects from common illnesses, nutrition, sanitation, interaction, ferret safety and the advisability of breeding.
- Promote the on-going liaison with veterinarians and all medical organisations and agents associated within the 'ferret world' with the aim of raising the general awareness of ferret health and ferret needs.
- Advise and educate ferret owners, clubs etc., on their basic responsibilities towards ferrets on such diverse subjects as when considering breeding ferrets and when working ferrets in vermin control. The list is large!
- To promote confidence in ferret owners to approach the NFWS and/or veterinarians to seek advice when their ferret's health and behaviour causes concern.
National Ferret Welfare Society Contacts
- President: Mick Quelch
Tel: 07787 506 384
- Acting Chairman Paul Tripp Tel: 07903 390 980
- Secretary: Sally Tripp
Tel: 07903 390 980
- Membership Secretary: Derek Harding
17 Summerfield Close, Wokingham, Berks RG41 1PH
Tel: 0118 979 1260
- Newsletter Editor: Robin Tarrant
Tel: 023 8058 5421
- Treasurer: Sue Nickells
Tel: 01256 320 676 / 07928 529 213
- PR: June Mcnicholas
- Elected Member: Donna Matthews
Tel: 07811 761852
- Elected Member: Paul Tripp
Tel: 07903 390980
- Elected Member: Sue Lloyd
Tel: 07817 415 645
- Countryside Alliance Rep: Susanne Bridges